Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Bestest Boyfriend in the Whole World

How many guys do you come across on a daily or monthly basis who brags about their great boyfriend? I'm writing this to all the single guys who feel so alone around this time of year. Valentine's Day (or singles awareness day as many call it) seems to be that time of year where couples celebrate being with one another. Although I admire anybody who is in a true relationship, say one that has shown staying power or 9 months or more, I am beginning to loath anybody who claims to have "The Bestest Boyfriend in the Whole World"
How do you spot these idiots? Well, it's pretty easy. Anybody who has dated for a couple months and says "I love you" might be a fake. OR, my favorite are the people who use their AIM away messages as a message to their boyfriend about how lucky they are to be together. If an away message is a message meant for just that one person, it is a safe bet that the away message's intent is to inform everybody and anybody that they are no longer single. It's like being freakishly hung and wanting to strip at any chance one gets. All it is, is a need to show it off in public. It's also a safe bet that these types of relationships are rather superficial.
So, to all those who did not celebrate Valentine's Day, I say take advantage of all the cheap candy that is now onsale. There is no shame in purchasing a heart shaped box of candy for yourself to enjoy on a Saturday night. Love means never having to say stupid shit like best boyfriend in the world because there can only be one best.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with a lot of the things you wrote on your journal. I particularily sympathizes (spelling?) with "Confessions on a Dance Floor". They say I'm the first gay homophobic, but this proves I'm not :P
Anyway, great writing.
I'm a 23 y/o argentinean... in case anybody asks o_O

7:58 AM, March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home